Module 1 - Paramedics, palliative care, and grief
Paramedics, palliative care, and grief
Chapter 1: Paramedics and Palliative Care
Your vital role
The palliative care skill set includes symptom management, communication, self-awareness and knowledge of psychological aspects of care. These skills can be applied to any event where a palliative approach would be beneficial.These skills are important because you can:
- Bring calm reassurance and confidence to uncertainty and concern.
- Provide quality care.
- Provide information and guidance.
- Alleviate physical and emotional suffering.
- Transport to a health facility if necessary.
- Support death at home if appropriate.
- Support the patient and family.
These topics will be covered in more detail throughout the modules.