Module 9 - For families and friends of paramedics: Providing support
For families and friends of paramedics: Providing support
Chapter 4: When you're concerned
Resources for family and friends
You yourself may need support, particularly if the paramedic refuses to talk with you or anyone else. Consider:
- Your family doctor or nurse practitioner.
- A friend or family member your trust.
- Trusted spouses of other paramedics.
- An Employment Assistance Program.
- A professional counsellor or therapist.
- A spiritual care provider from a faith or
If you or anyone in your family is in distress, you may wish to contact a crisis centre: